By the end of this course, participants should
- Be familiar with the presentation of common problems that surface during adolescence;
- Differentiate between what is considered normal and when to worry during adolescence;
- Be aware of current standards of prevention, diagnosis and management of common conditions affecting teenage patients;
- Be more familiar with the challenges faced when interacting with teenagers and their parents (confidentiality, motivational interviewing, etc.);
- Recognize criteria for referral to adolescent medicine.
Practical Problems in Pediatrics
- Emphasis on the appropriate management of pediatric problems in the office;
- Creating awareness of important advances in pediatric care;
- Direct interaction with hospital specialists in a workshop format.