By the end of this course, participants should:
- Be familiar with the presentation of common respiratory problems that surface during childhood;
- Differentiate between normal and pathological respiratory symptoms and presentations;
- Be aware of current standards of prevention, diagnosis and management of common respiratory conditions affecting children;
- Be more familiar with current issues as they relate to pediatric respiratory medicine, including the recent implementation of newborn screening for Cystic Fibrosis in Québec, the use of home sleep monitors in infants, and the use of e-cigarettes among teenagers;
- Recognize criteria for referral to pediatric respiratory medicine.