Participants and visitors can access McGill University New Residence Hall by the front entrance at:
3625 avenue du Parc (just north of Prince Arthur W.)
The underground parking at the New Residence Hall (NRH
) can be a confusing place.
It is a large parking garage with 8 levels, and many different entrances to access it.
Here is our best effort to describe the area and to help you to find your way.
(Please note that we are not allowed to post signage in the parking garage!)
The garage has two elevators:
In other words, to get to the NRH, you must take the elevator from P4.
- one that stops at all levels (P1 to P8).
- one that stops only on level 4 (P4), and can take you directly to the lobby of the McGill New Residence Hall (NRH).
There is no stairwell.
Please arrive early enough to find your way. And please follow these instructions:
- Enter the parking garage through the entrance located at the NRH at 3625 avenue du Parc.
- Park on level 4 or level 3. If you entered the parking at the entrance suggested above, you arrive immediately onto parking level 4 (or P4), where you can access the elevator that will take you directly to the lobby of the McGill New Residence Hall. (This elevator is located right near the entrance to the parking). Although it is ideal to park on P4 (or P3) for proximity to the direct access elevator, space is often limited on these levels.
- If you park on any other level, take the elevator to level P4, get off, and follow the signs for McGill New Residence Hall to access the other elevator that will take you directly to the lobby of the New Residence Hall.
The parking rate, subject to change, is approximately $20 per day, including taxes. There is no attendant. The Auto Pay Station at the entrance of the parking accepts Visa and Mastercard only (no cash).
Height clearance of the underground parking: 6 feet.
ACCESS BY PUBLIC TRANSIT
From Place-des-Arts Metro station (Jeanne-Mance exit), take bus 80-N or 129-N for 3 stops (to the corner of Parc and Prince-Arthur). Walk north on Parc for less than one block and the New Residence Hall will be on your right (on east side of avenue du Parc).